25 Mar 2008

It is finished but…


During my Easter holiday I finally finished my hand sewed Italian chemise. So it is finished but I am not happy about it. I like the fullness of the chemise and I think the sleeves and the length of the chemise is pretty ok. But the neckline… Ok I admit that I didn’t put too much time and effort on sewing the neckband to the chemise (because I knew that I am not going to like the neckline when it is finished). But still it is very frustrating to know that I need to take the neckband away and sew it back again. I know that it is common that when you sew you might have to undo it and do it again. Sometimes you have to do it more than once. I just hate it! I want everything to be perfect at the first time so I can start to do something else. The neckband is not cut on the bias because I wanted to make some blackwork in it. Usually when cutting the neckband to the square neck hole you should cut it on the bias http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_(textile). So I really don’t know if I am ever going to be happy with my chemises neckline. We shall see. I will try to find mental strength to start it over again today. 

No comments: