8 Apr 2009

8.4.

We have had some problems with our computer at home and that’s why updating this blog has been difficult. The problems are not yet solved but I will do some serious actions next week if it will not be better till Monday. So no photos this time :( .


Despite of the problems I have lots of good news. Both related to the personal life and hobbies. We have now set a date for our marriage (it’s during May 2010). The ceremonies will be held at Pyhtää medieval church. It is obviously easier now to start making things because now we know the deadline for things. I have been lazy and not ordered the fabrics fot the wedding dressess (I am trying to do it as soon as possible... I can do things quite quick when I started to do something). And the good news that are related to the re-enactment are that I finished the upper dress for the Viking Finn outfit yesterday and as I have told my woolen under dress is finished and the linen underdress is almost finished. I borrowd my mom’s tablet woven belt (that I have made) and I am lacking only apron and headdress (well I don’t know if I really need a headdress but anyway). And I need some jewellery aswell.. I did some digging at home and I “found” some Kalevala Koru jewellery that I can wear with the Viking dressess (it is very common here at Finland to give Kalevala Koru jewelleries for birthday, graduation etc. gifts). Some of the Kalevala Koru jewelleries are based on Viking Age archaeological findings at Finland.


This evening I am going to pack for the Mooseskiing/Border War event and do little sewing (we are leaving early tomorrow). I can’t pack lots of things because there will be four people at the car (9 hours drive to the event site HUH!)... but I will pack some cooking books for Elzebeth and some craft books etc. for the handicraft workshop that we are going to have at the event.

2 comments:

Elsa said...

I found some pictures from inside the Pyhtää church: http://picasaweb.google.com/helppa.ja.tomppa/HelpanJaTompanHT#

Mervi said...

Nice that you have Pekka there too! He is so cool priest!