17 Feb 2010

17.2.

Last weekend we celebrated love and friendship at Midwinter Feast -event. Love and friendship was the theme of the event. Also I was very lucky to have my birthday at Friday and there will not be better place to celebrate birthdays than with dearest friends :).

Lately I have had more and more problems with my fibromyalgia which seems to slow me down quite a bit. I have to sleep an hour after coming home from work if I want to be able to do anything at the evenings. But I am fighting and trying to ignore the pain as much as possible. But despite of this I have managed to do lots of blackwork for the wedding dressess already. At Monday I realized that it would be better for me not to do smocking dots to my smocking but just count the threads (because I am used to do that with blackwork). So this realisation has speed up the smocking for me. :)

Edit: We are going to Lybeck to Midsummer Coronation, flights and event booked yay!

***
Viime viikonloppuna juhlimme rakkautta ja ystävyyttä Sydäntalven juhlassa. Siis rakkaus ja ystävyys oli tuon tapahtuman teema. Onnekseni syntymäpäiväni ajoittuivat juuri perjantaihin, joten sain juhlistaa päivää rakkaiden ystävien parissa (tänä vuonna tuskin olisin muuten ehtiny juhlimaan syntymäpäiviäni).

Hidastavana tekijänä viime aikoina on ollut harmittavasti tuo fibromyalgia (en jaksaisi valittaa, mutta se on vaikuttanut kuitenkin sen verran merkittävästi elämään). Esim. töiden jälkeen on pakko nukkua vähintään tunti, että pystyy tekemään mitään. Ei auta kuin taistella vastaan ja yrittää unohtaa kivut ja säryt niin hyvin kuin mahdollista. Hyvä puoli on kuitenkin se, että olen saanut tehtyä melko paljon blackwork-kirjontaa jo hääpukuja varten. Lisäksi maanantaina tajusin, että smokkaamisessa pisteiden piirtely ei ole ehkä mun juttu, vaan lankojen laskeminen (siis apulankoja viritellessä) kun kerran olen lankoja tottunut laskemaan blackworkiakin tehdessä. Tämä havainto on nopeuttanut smokkaus-urakkaa huomattavasti. :)

Muoks: Ollaan menossa Lyypekkiin Keskikesän kruunajaisiin, lennot ja tapahtuma varaus tehty, jiippii!

2 comments:

Stern/Alenn said...

ohh yet I read it ,too
I know that feeling so good .Since some Weeks I have the feeling I wearing a Corset of Muscles,but in the Moment its much better.
But I cant work on my Project either :-)
So come to Lübeck to the Summer Coronation?? Thats really great ,while that will be my last Event before I startin g to make a little Eventbreak.So I will see u there

Eva Grelsdotter said...

Yep, I realized after our last conversation that I forgot to tell you that we are coming :). So we are going to see there also :D