2 Oct 2011

Aarnimetsä Investiture and new clothes

So much has happened since I last wrote. Summer was busy and I had (a little bit too high expectations) a plan what kind of new clothes I would want to do for the Investiture and our Divestiture. I bought the fabrics and made the patterns for all the clothes but managed only do a new shirts for us and pants for UlfR and a petticoat for me. I will how ever continue my project now after the event. Some day all will be done. Hopefully. But now I don’t have to stress about it anymore. Because I was so busy I didn’t have time to take many photos of our new clothing. But I got some photos from Beata and Izabella about us. Thank you Beata and Izabella :)! We are on our way to feast hall in these photos. At our divestiture we got crown barony and GoA awards and are now allowed to wear coronets after our reign too. Mistress Judith was very kind and lent her coronets for us for the event. We haven’t yet ordered our own coronets.

The event was fantastic in so many levels. We had medieval fireworks, a band “Räikkä” performing at the event.. lots of very good food and company etc. The arts and sciences competition was fun. It was called “Well, I Say. That Didn’t Go Quite As Planned…” and there were many entries.. and lots of laughter.

Couple photos taken by Izabella with Beata’s camera:



My shirt:

















UlfR’s shirt:



Next event for me is going to be Garden of Earthly Delights 21-23.10. at Barony of Knights Crossing, at Miltenberg (which is near to Frankfurt). UlfR will go to see Drachenwald Crown Tourney at Nordmark next weekend. I have been writing my other blog too and today made some new dishes for the blog. I think I should write a list about things that I would like to do in near future next. Also I have started to make food plans for All Hallows Feast. We will be in kitchen wohooo!!

******
Tosiaan paljon on tapahtunut siitä, kun viimeksi ehdin kirjoittamaan. Kesä oli kiirettä täynnä (oli markkinoita ja tapahtumia) ja minulla oli (ehkä vähän liiankin suuret odotukset) suunnitelma siitä, mitä uusia vaatteita aioin tehdä viime viikonlopun Investituuraa varten. (Siis onko siitä vasta viikko.. piti käydä tarkistamassa kalenterista). No lopulta sain tehtyä itselleni ja UlfRille uudet paidat, uudet housut UlfRille ja uuden alushameen itselleni. Ja aion tehdä ne loputkin vaatteet, kun niihin on kankaatkin ostettu. Nythän ei tarvitse enää stressata asiasta :). En ehtinyt kuvaamaan vaatteita kovinkaan paljon ennen tapahtumaa, mutta sain Beatalta ja Izabellalta muutamat kuvat meistä, jotka tuossa ylhäällä ovat. Paidoista on myös tuossa ylhäällä pari kuvaa. Koska saimme divestituuran yhteydessä hoviparoni ja GoA suosionosoitukset, saamme myös jatkossa käyttää seuran tapahtumissa kruunuja. Kuvissa olevat kruunut on meille tapahtumaa varten lainannut Mistress Judith. Omia emme ole vielä ehtineet tilaamaan.

Tapahtuma oli monella tapaa hieno. Oli ilotulitusta, Räikkä esiintymässä.. hyvää ruokaa ja seuraa. Tiede- ja taidekilpailu oli ehkä yksi parhaimmista ikinä. Teemana oli ”Ei mennyt niin kuin Hedebyssä..”. Erittäin hyvin onnistunut kilpailu kaikkinensa.

Seuraava tapahtuma, minne olen itse suuntaamassa, on Saksassa järjestettävä Garden of Earthly Delights tässä kuussa. UlfR taas menee seuraamaan Nordmarkiin kruununturnajaisia jo ensi viikonloppuna. Olen myös kirjoitellut toista blogiani ja tänään tein lisää ruokaa blogia varten. Pitäisi varmaan kirjoittaa seuraavaksi lista kaikesta mitä haluaa tehdä lähiaikoina. Tällä hetkellä kaikki on mielessä yhtenä sekamelskana. Olen myös aloittanut suunnittelemaan marraskuun alussa järjestettävän Kekri -tapahtuman ruokalistaa. Me päästään taas keittiöön, jee!!

1 comment:

Eva Grelsdotter said...

After battling two hours today to insert text and photos to blogger for this post I am once again thinking of moving my blog to somewhere else. I have never had this kind of problems with wordpress. Yes.. it was blogger who decided to put the photo of my shirt that way. I don't know how to turn photos in blogger. Also my computer decided to crash twice while posting this comment. And because of that writig this took about 15 minutes.. very frustrating.. I need a new computer too..